Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated. I do not yet know your story. However, you are here because you want to change your current situation. You have realised that you cannot solely depend on active income. Relax, you are in the right space. It is your time to take control of your future. However, to achieve your goal you have to move from content consumer to content creator. This is where I come in, I will show you how to do it. On this post, my aim is to introduce you to the concept of affiliate marketing. You will learn about the basic resources that you need to get started.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is simply the art of promoting other peoples products or services to earn a commission. It is that simple. However, to be successful you require certain skills and knowledge. In all honesty, most of these skills can be acquired online. The problem is that most people get distracted by the get rich quick schemes online. In the marketing community, it is called the shiny object syndrome (SOS). Everyone is drawn to this idea, but the reality is that you need to learn and apply the skills required to succeed.
Essential Resources for Affiliate Marketing
There resource are essential for a beginner to get started and achieve success.
- Good Training Platform
- A Mentor
- Affiliate networks
- Marketing Resources & Tools
1. Good training & support network
To be a doctor, you would have to attend medical school. To practice law, you would have to attend law school. It is not rocket science, to figure out that the same applies to become successful online. Choose a training & support platform to help guide your path. The two platforms listed below are ideal. Your choice depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget. My Top recommendations is:
- Clickbank University
Affiliate Training platform created by Matt Hulett, Adam Horwitz and Justin Atlan. Clickbank University is a good platform for serious entrepreneurs who are looking earn money through affiliate / digital marketing.
You learn how to create and market your own info products (mostly digital). You also learn how to market Clickbank products as an affiliate. This training was pulled together using the best strategies of their most successful entrepreneurs.
How much does it cost?
Price: $47 per month
Clickbank is my top recommendation for someone searching for marketing education and community. This training was put together using the best strategies from elite marketers that have generated millions of dollars online.
Pros and Cons
- Quality Training – Current innovative marketing strategies
- Online Community
- Learning to create your own info products
- Focus on driving Clickbank Marketplace
Close Alternative But Not Top Recommendation
Wealthy Affiliate - Free Starter Membership
Pros & Cons
- Limited Web hosting (50) included in premium offer
- Jaxxy Lite Keyword Tool included in offer
- Focus on blogging & product reviews as a traffic strategy
- Restrictive community
- No contact number for hosting site support
- Self promotion not allowed
Wealthy Affiliate Vs Clickbank University
- Wealthy Affiliate offers basic training that is suitable for a complete novice. The blogging strategy takes time to yield results. If you choose this option my advice would be to use article marketing /blogging to promote your own business and other high ticket affiliate offers rather than focusing completely on promoting wealthy affiliate. Most members loose sight of their business and spend lots of valuable time within the community promoting wealthy affiliate.
- Clickbank University offers more advanced methodologies suitable for someone that wants to hit the ground running. The platform has tons of high converting product selections. I like this training because it also shows you how to create and market your own digital products. You gain access to network with top sellers that have generated millions with online marketing.
2. A Mentor
The biggest expense in entrepreneurial life is not knowing the secret of successful entrepreneurs (i.e. having mentors).
I have being in this industry for a while now and I assure you that navigating the intricacies of entrepreneurship and online making is not easy without a guide. To be successful you need someone to guide your path who has already dealt with the challenges ahead of you. Someone who will share the secrets to their success. This will enable you progress without hindrance and avoid the usual pitfalls and shiny objects.
There are several successful mentors out there to pick from. You have to find one that has accomplished what you want to achieve and compatible with you.
3. Affiliate Networks
Amazon marketplace provides access to numerous products from different niches. It is free to join. This platform has enabled many marketers to create wealth online.
ShareASale is a marketplace similar to Clickbank. You get access to numerous product offers from varied niche markets and vendors.
4. Marketing Resources & Tools
After gaining knowledge from quality training and association. The next step is implementation. Your level of success and time requirement depends on the resources available to you. Most people fail to grasp this simple fact. For example if you are travelling on an air-plane, you will get to your destination faster than someone travelling on road. There are several marketing resources and tools that will help you accomplish your tasks more efficiently and effectively. Click below to see my top marketing resources.
To find out more about Niche Affiliate Marketing and other essential resources that I use, please read the related posts below:
- Beginner’s Guide To Niche Affiliate Marketing: 4 Key Steps
- Step by step Guide to Affiliate Marketing: 5 Key Fundamentals
- How to escape the cycle of scarcity: 5 steps exit strategy
- Ways and how to create wealth online: 5 key strategies
- How to Generate Six Figures Income with Amazon FBA
Thank you for reading, much appreciated. If you ever need a hand or have any questions, please feel free to leave them below. I will be happy to help.
About The Author
Anthony is a UK certified business strategist and consultant. An entrepreneurship mentor and ezine published writer. He embraced entrepreneurship after experiencing an existential awakening. Anthony helps entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners achieve success. You are invited to check out his services page and connect with him via the following social platforms: